It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas…
This makes me extremely happy.
Yes, I am one of those people that absolutely love anything to do with Christmas. I start Christmas shopping and watching Christmas films as early as I can get away with. My all time favourite Christmas film being ‘Santa Clause the Movie’.
Last weekend my local council put on a reindeer and Santa parade in the town centre and I think that kick started the Christmas countdown for me.
The build up and anticipation for the big day gets me so excited every year. I used to wonder if that excitement would subside as I grew older. It hasn’t!
Now I am a mother it is a different excitement though. I suppose when I was younger my excitement was quite selfish in nature, revolving around the gifts I would receive.
Christmas has always been about spending time with family but when I was younger I would also look forward to:
- Christmas parties
- Seeing in the big day with a group of friends in a nightclub
- Receiving numerous expensive gifts
- Splashing out on expensive gifts for friends and family
As I’ve grown older and become a mother, the things I love about Christmas have changed. Receiving gifts isn’t important to me now, I just care about making the day special for my daughter and family.
I don’t want a lot for Christmas, there is just one thing I need…
I appreciate Christmas a lot more now than I used to. Christmas has to be about spending time with family and that is the only thing I need. But some of the other things I love about the Christmas are:
- Making list after list of all the presents I am buying for friends and family (I love going through the Argos catalogue and making a gift list!)
- Decorating the Christmas tree with my family, Christmas songs playing in the background. And a mandatory glass of Eggnog!
- Making new traditions with my little family (Christmas Eve box, handmade Christmas cards, Christmas crafts..)
- Taking Molly to see Santa
- Buying new pjs for Christmas Eve
- Making and receiving handmade gifts
As Molly gets older I look forward to attending the carol concert at the local church, and going to see the pantomime. She won’t sit still for long enough yet but I think she will next year.
Oh I wish it could be Christmas everyday…
Okay, it would be really expensive if it was Christmas every day but if the festive spirit could be transferred to our every day lives it would be amazing.
The occasion seems to bring out the best in everybody, and everyone always seems so much happier. It would be fantastic if we could all feel as happy as that all year round.
I feel even more festive this year because my sister is hosting the family. The family usually come to my house for Christmas day so it will make a nice change to be waited on!
I would love to hear what you love about Christmas time.
You can also find me blogging at Serenely Sam