At the start of the year I decided I would write a monthly series of gratitude posts, the first one being ‘Thank You January’. These posts will serve as a reminder of all the fun things I have done during the month, and they may even cheer me up if I feel down or stressed. This month it is time for ‘Thank You February’.
We had a few ups and downs in February. Molly had Chicken Pox, but she is a trooper and handled it so well. She is such a tough nut that kid. Chris came down with the man flu. Not quite sure I can call him a tough nut though… I didn’t join Slimming World. Nor did I head back to the gym like I had planned. I am having major guilt over these – I say whilst eating a Twix!
My biggest annoyance of February has to be my website going down. Constantly. More than ten times a day some days. This has been happening since I went self hosted in December (apologies to anyone who has had trouble getting onto my site). I couldn’t count the number of times I have been in contact with my hosting company, without ever really getting anywhere. They have done optimisations. I have done optimisations. They have upped my memory limit, they have switched me to the latest php amongst other things – all to no avail.
I’ve been constantly worring that I have done something/not done something to make the site not work properly. I actually questioned if I wanted to carry on blogging because of all the stress it has been causing me. Just as I was on the verge of scrapping ‘Stressy Mama’ for a new venture, the hosting company emailed to inform me that ‘storage hardware is being replaced for all of their ‘s’ sites and they are confident this improvement should resolve my intermittent issues’. As a gesture of goodwill I will get one month of free hosting! I really hope this resolves the issues, otherwise ‘Stressy Mama’ will be no more and I will be going back to a none self hosted site because clearly I cannot handle being self hosted! We’ll see what happens with this anyway…
Anyway, thants enough complaining because this is a gratitude post. I have so much to be grateful for this month.
I would like to say Thank You February for:
- Our good friends Sharon and Andy came to visit. We haven’t seen them in a while so it was lovely to have a catch up with them. We have also planned to go and see them later on in the year which I am really looking forward to.
- My health visitor referred me to a sleep clinic to see if we could come up with a solution as to why Molly doesn’t sleep. It is going to be a long process but I received some really great tips from the session which we can hopefully put into practice. You can read more about this here if you would like to.
- Keith, my best friend in the whole wide world (who I don’t see nearly enough sob sob) sent Molly and Jess a big box of dress up things.
It was a complete surprise and the girls loved it. They will have years of dressing up fun to come with the amount of things he sent.
- When Googling something blogging related (god knows what) I stumbled upon a brilliant local company called ‘Hack Oldham’. They describe themselves as, “A community-operated, Not For Profit, workspace where people with common interests, often in computers, machining, technology, craft, science, digital art or electronic art, can meet, socialise and collaborate”. They run regular ‘meet ups’ in gaming, crafty hacks, and a WordPress User Group. I went along to my first WordPress meeting and it was fantastic (for me, maybe not them with the amount of questions I had..). I will be returning this month for sure (with more questions I’m sure). I cannot believe my little old Oldham has something as brilliant as this.
- The Funfair came to town this month. Molly is such a dare devil and loves going on the rides so we had to take her. It was a cold rainy Sunday when we went and Molly was just getting over the Chicken Pox but she had a good time anyway. She went on all the rides she could, and Chris went on a few too. They even managed to drag me on the big wheel. That will not be happening again! I have vertigo so I just felt sick the entire time.
- Molly and Jess were invited to a party at a playcentre. Playcentre + party = two happy (tired out) toddlers . Happy tired out kids means mama is also happy!
- I’ve booked a ticket for BlogOn in September. This will be my first blogging conference. Woohoo. I am soooooo excited. And scared. And nervous. But mostly really excited. From what I’ve read about BlogOn it sounds fantastic. I can’t wait to meet all the other lovely bloggers that will be there. Eeeeeekk!
So February has been eventful and we have had our ups and downs, but I am grateful for the lovely things we experienced this month.
Bring on March!