* This is a collaborative post
Picture the scene… a young couple with no children, a fabulous new housing development full of brand spanking new houses, the smell of fresh magnolia paint throughout the entire house, newly fitted carpets, fancy fitted appliances, more space than the young couple knew what to do with.
Fast forward five years to a time when the young couple aren’t so young anymore and have a three year old daughter. The carpets need binning cleaning, the appliances have seen better days (in fact as I write this I am waiting for someone to come and fix the oven), the cupboards are overflowing, and the walls are no longer magnolia even though they have never been painted! I think it’s safe to say the house was now more drab than fab!
For a few months Chris and I have been contemplating moving house because we felt like we no longer loved our once adored house. But, when we actually sat down to discuss the specifics we realised we did still love our house. Probably even more than we thought we did because of the memories we have created over the years. We just needed to show the house a bit of TLC; starting with decorating.
Bidvine is a UK-based local services tech startup company who provide an easy way to find professionals for pretty much any service you can think of; from Event Photography and Dog Training, to Astrology Readings and Graphic Design. When they contacted me about reviewing their website I jumped at the opportunity; it was the perfect timing.
I could use Bidvine to find a painter and decorator meaning I wouldn’t have to spend hours searching for one myself.
So how does Bidvine work exactly? Well, it’s quite simple really:
- You start by telling Bidvine exactly what you’re looking for by answering a few service specific questions. As I was looking for a painter and decorator I was asked these questions:After answering the questions Bidvine send your job request to trusted local professionals who can help with your requirements. The only thing left for me to do was to sit back and wait for the bids to come in.
- Within a maximum of four days you receive bids from prospective professionals who think they are a suitable candidate for your requirements. At this stage you can compare all of the bids you have received as well as company profiles and reviews.
- Hire your chosen professional and work with them directly. You can also leave a review about the professional you hired so other people can make an informed decision when they are looking for someone to work with.
So what’s the verdict?
I honestly think Bidvine is amazing. They literally offer services for pretty much anything you can think of, and throughout the United Kingdom. The website is easy to use and the steps to find your professional are thorough but not overwhelming at all.
I really liked the fact that the questions about the type of painter and decorator I required were so specific. This guaranteed to me that I would only be contacted by professionals that were able to provide the exact service I required.
Bidvine even have a handy list of helpful painting and decorating hints on their website which will really help me with my home makeover.
I wouldn’t hesitate to use Bidvine in the future. If you have a job you need doing I would definitely recommend having a look on the Bidvine website. The process is so simple, it really does make it easy to find the best person for the job. Will you find the perfect professional with Bidvine?
* This is a collaborative post